Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2010 Oscar Red Carpet



Sexy Nudes

This spring there are two hot trends that we see on the catwalk and were nailed on the red carpet... Nude tones and ultra feminine lingerie inspired cuts. Cameron Diaz looked wonderful in this beautiful sparkly Oscar de La Renta dress. Demi Moore was a dream in this yummy Atelier Versace dress. I don't like buck tooth... I mean Miley Cyrus. Her voice makes me want to buy KFC and marry my cousin! She did however look amazing in this gorgeous Jenny Packham dress. YeeHaw!



                                  


Speak Art to Me

Rachel McAdams is hot. I could just finish that thought with a period and move on to the next dress but I guess I should provide more commentary!  This amazing Elie Saab dress is like a dreamy impressionistic painting... Monet would be proud. The slick back hair and gorgeous chandelier earrings just made my day... possibly the best dressed of the night!





















So it's not bad... but it's not good... it's just meh! Maggie I love you but sometimes your fashion choices make my skin crawl a little! This is an improvement but I can't help but think this dress seems a bit too informal for the Oscars... and frankly it's not really doing anything for you. This Dries Van Noten creation is apparently inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night but I am not sure if that interpretation was a success or utter failure. Is it just me, or does the bottom of the dress seems almost unfinished...
















Purple People Eater



Unfinished is a compliment compared to what I have to say about Zoe Saldana's nightmare extravaganza. This cross between Chicago and the Muppets is a Givenchy Couture creation by Riccado Tisci. Truth be told not all is lost... Zoe's face, hair, and champagne portion of the dress look beautiful. Even her purple shoes are great... I just wish she would have thought twice before hopping into this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde monstrosity. 
















I could have easily called this section when bad fashion happen to good people. This dress feels like it was created by a grade four class on reproductive organs... or simply a bad bad joke! Believe me if I was no longer with Stuart Townsend I would be distraught too... but there is no excuse. This Dior Haute Couture dress was apparently designed especially for Mrs Theron by John Galliano himself... I say he should have gone back to the drawing board!











Sorry to Burst your Bubble...
Who said bubble wrap was appropriate for the red carpet? Hands down Gaga! Amani Prive is the mastermind behind both Amanda Seyfried and Jennifer Lopez's horrible dresses. This is a case where the dress itself is nice: good shape, nice use of draping for J-Lo's... all is good except for the fabric! Upon closer look I am not sure if this truly is bubble wrap or a quilt. Whatever it is it's horrible and both of these actresses should be ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment